Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Chickadee

Elite Member

Section Leader

Lead

Nov 17 06 2:38 PM

Tags : :

Tell Fox to Stop Exploiting a Domestic Violence Homicide!
November 16, 2006

In late November, the Fox Network plans to air a "two-night event" featuring O.J. Simpson talking about how he would have murdered his ex-wife, Nicole Brown, and her friend, Ron Goldman, 'if he did it.' Family Violence Prevention Fund President Esta Soler called the decision "beneath contempt."

Help us urge Fox to reconsider its decision to air this program! Tell them:

12 years ago, a mother of two and a vital young man were brutally murdered – and more women are "DorkFish"aulted, raped and murdered every day. Domestic violence is a huge problem in this country. Stop exploiting this tragedy, and instead help us keep women and children safe.

Email [email protected] or call Fox at 310/369-3553, its Viewer Comment Line at 310/369-3066, or its Entertainment President Peter Liguori at 310/369-1000.

Soler Blasts Fox for O.J. Simpson Special, Urges Advertisers, Viewers to Reject It
November 16, 2006

Family Violence Prevention Fund President Esta Soler today called "beneath contempt" the decision by the Fox Network to air a two-night "event" featuring O.J. Simpson talking about how he would have murdered his ex-wife, Nicole Brown, and her friend, Ron Goldman, "if he did it."

"Disgust and revulsion are the only possible reactions to the special," Soler said. "Two families suffered an unimaginable loss 12 years ago, and two children lost their mother. Now those children will see their father discuss or recreate the crime for entertainment and profit. It is beneath contempt.

We urge Fox to reconsider its decision to air this program. Affiliates should refuse to carry it, if the network proceeds with its plans. Advertisers should refuse to support it. Viewers should refuse to watch. And no responsible person should purchase the book on which it is based.

Violence against women is a costly and devastating problem in the U.S. On average, three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends each day and nearly 500 females over age 12 are victims of rape, attempted rape or sexual "DorkFish"ault. We must stop treating violence as entertainment and instead redouble our efforts to stop it.

A decade ago, a mother of two and a vital young man were brutally murdered. It's past time to stop exploiting this tragedy and instead put our energies into keeping women and children safe."

Based on the upcoming book, O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here’s How It Happened, the special is scheduled to air on November 27 and 29 in prime time. More information on the program is available at: www.fox.com/oj/

To register your concern, email [email protected] or call Fox at 310/369-3553, its Viewer Comment Line at 310/369-3066, or its Entertainment President Peter Liguori at 310/369-1000.

imageimage Chickadeeimageimage
CAN YOU HEAR THE CRIES, ARE YOU LISTENING

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Chickadee

Elite Member

#1 [url]

Nov 17 06 2:49 PM

O.J. HAS OFFICIALLY SOLD HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL!
That is one side of this coin, and my thoughts of the nefariousness of this situation overcome me. Each coin has two sides, and some memories and sadness of those memories changed sit on the other. OJ has long been a hero turned freak for anyone my age. I remember the Heisman trophy declaration, and I remember watching OJ play football, and I remember the days when we all loved him as he ran through the airport on the Hertz rental car commercial when he was a star for the Buffalo Bills. We all loved the "Juice" at one time. Those were times prior to media coverage 24-7, and media SPIN, which unbeknown to us all, has changed the very way we think and live. We were raised on fire and brimstone, but the media has changed us into a culture that believes in fire and rhinestone.

Then, one day we all watched in disbelief as the white Bronco was being tracked on TV by every media news channel in America as he became the one that killed his wife and her supposed lover and boyfriend. If reality TV is not BAD ENOUGH, now it seems the fad is what-if TV. How morally irreprehensible is it that it OK to make 3.5 million dollars to write a book and do a two part series on TV that explains, If I had have done it, this is How I WOULD Have Done It? And yet, theres a morbid curiosity that has been instilled in all of us ever since Geraldo Rivera hyped the Al Capone safe on national TV. What we all need to remember THERE WAS NOTHING IN AL CAPONES SAFE.

There is NOTHING that we NEED TO HEAR OR SEE in this upcoming OJ broadcast. We need to all set aside our badly media provoked curiosity for spin and corruption, and remember what our parents and grandparents and our faith has taught us. TURN AWAY FROM THE DEVIL. Instead, the Devil has become the money maker and the forbidden road that law abiding citizens DONT TAKE, but just watching it, or just reading about itallows us to experience a taste of it.

This show is beyond horrible. This show is over the line. OJ is selling out to even allow himself to think about doing it for the simple sake that hes a father. His children are now old enough to KNOW BETTER. He will burn in hell for the mere thought. As morbidly curious as I may be, I have to take a stand and say that as a parent, and wife, and American I hope this show never airs. Its wrong for the people involved, and its a bad track for America. Whatever faith you might follow, all religions teach us to resist temptation and resist evil, and this is pure evil for profit. PEOPLE, ITS NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Some paths need NEVER BE TREAD.

Quote    Reply   

Chickadee

Elite Member

#2 [url]

Nov 21 06 12:59 AM

You did it!

Dear Friend:

You did it! News Corp., the parent company of HarperCollins and the FOX network, just announced that it has cancelled the O.J. Simpson book and television special "If I Did It," which was scheduled to air next week. This is a direct result of your activism -- your calls, your emails, your pressure on the company and its affiliates. Now the nation will be spared seeing a violent batterer recount two murders he claims he did not commit. Thank you for your hard and productive work, and for joining the effort to stop violence against women in all its forms

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help